How to Setup ADB & Fastboot on Mac
ADB and Fastboot can also be installed on a Mac relatively easily thanks to another clever developer. Here’s how.
Download and Install ADB & Fastboot for Mac
1. Download the developer’s script from my Google Drive and save it to your desktop.
2. Extract the newly downloaded zip file to your desktop so it creates a new folder called Android on your desktop.
3. Hit Cmd + Space bar to bring up Spotlight Search and search for Terminal and open it.
4. In Terminal, type the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
5. That should run the script so everything is installed and you can issue ABD/Fastboot commands from anywhere in Terminal. Let’s test it out, though.
6. On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and continually tap on Build Number until it tells you you are a developer.
7. Hit Back.
8. Go to Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging.
9. Plug your device in via USB cable.
10. Type the following into the command prompt window (hitting enter at the end of every line):
11. If it’s a newer Android phone, a popup asking to allow the RSA keys will show up. Check Always Allow and accept it.
After that, you should see a serial number pop up, it’s the serial number of your phone. This means you are all set.